Monday, July 18, 2016

 This is a really annoying  design fault in some fabric I bought recently.
Babycord which comes with Text boxes with the name of teh design and washing instructions at regular intervals down the side.
Fabric is 145cm wide and has some really nice designs on. But this wretched text box means that attempting to make clothing that fits me winds up looking weird.

 I don't know if it's intended tobe avoided because whatever garments are made out of the fabric would tend to be smaller so the box would be avoided.
But it does make using the full 145cm width really difficult.
Why they can't move the text box further over to the side I don't know. If they did that it would disappear into the seam
This is the left leg of one pair of jeans I was in the middle of making. So I have the text box appearing from my hip before it disappears into the seam. I may need to take the leg in slightly still but I can't see how to avoid having some of it appear.
I was making another pair at the same time so cut it with the fabric the other way round and now have similar just below the pocket on the front.
Very frustrating.

I don't know if i can embroider over it or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment